How to Mute Individuals on Instagram Using Your Mobile Phone:
- Launch the Instagram app on your mobile device.
- Navigate to the profile page of the person you wish to mute.
- Click the “Following” button located below the section containing their name, bio, or website link.
- A pop-up menu will appear. Choose the “Mute” option.
- Instagram will present another menu, asking whether you want to mute their posts, stories, or both. Toggle the respective sliders to your preference, enabling both if you want to mute both types of content. Note that professional accounts offer the option to mute their posts, but this might not be available for personal profiles.
How to Mute Individuals on Instagram Using Your Computer:
Please note that not all users may have access to this feature. Follow these steps if available:
- Access the profile page of the person you wish to mute by selecting their icon.
- Click the “Following” drop-down menu at the top of the page and choose “Mute.”
- From the subsequent menu, select the checkboxes to mute their posts, stories, or both.